The Weather Company now a part of IBM
Recently aquired the Weather Company is now a part of IBM. This is an interesting aquisition in that TWC has probably the largest set of data that can have the biggest impact. TWC is now available in AsiaPacific and CBA have become a Business Partner so you can benefit from access to all this data. Talk to us about how you could benefit from the Weather Company.
HOW DOES THE WEATHER IMPROVE DECISION MAKING?
- RISK ANALYTICS
- Predict claims using accurate weather forecasts to mitigate the number of claims, avoid losses, accelerate customer service andassess changing exposures that will drive new opportunities
- SUPPLY and DEMAND PLANNING
- Predict customer purchase patterns driven by weather. How it positively or negatively impacts demand for a product to anticipateproduct strategies and enhance inventory planning
- WORKFORCE MANAGEMENT
- Leverage historic, current and forecast data to help better plan and optimize staff
- DEMAND PLANNING
- Understand the impact of the weather conditions to predict demand, optimize the transportation system and to take the best preventive actions
- PREDICTIVE ASSET FAILURE
- Predict potential disruptions in operations due to weather events and avoid costly equipment failures